A secluded 30-acre property nestled in a small valley overlooking the Indian Ocean and a freshwater book in Margaret River Wine Region. Wyadup House is the 2017 National Award Winner of 'At One With Nature' category.
The modern architect designed house sleeps up to 8 persons and overlooks natural bush land with extensive terraced lawns and trees. The property hosts a wide variety of wildlife including kangaroos, frogs and over 50 identified species of Australian birds.
The original farm for the region with expansive grounds and views, the modern architect-designed house has maintained much of the original stone and timber character. It is fully equipped with 4 bedrooms, 3 ensuites and kitchen and laundry facilities.
From the moment you arrive at the property, you feel the aura of the coastline and the seclusion of the valley. With easy access to the nearby towns of Yallingup, Dunsborough and Margaret River, Wyadup House provides opportunities to visit the many superb wineries, restaurants and galleries of the region. Explore and enjoy Cape Naturaliste and the popular Geographe Bay. Coastal beaches and walks include those of the beautiful Leeuwin Naturaliste National Park only minutes away.
• Lounge/Dining: This has a feature stone open fireplace and has magnificent outlook over parkland like gardens and the weir.
• Timber Decked Area: The living area opens onto this attractive entertaining area with beautiful views of the gardens and the weir.
• Kitchen/Meals/Family: The kitchen area has a stone top island bench breakfast var, stainless steel Ilve 6 burner gas cooking range with stainless steel rangehood, Bosch dishwasher and walk in pantry. The living area has ceiling fans, a cash iron Netre wood heater with feature stone wall and ceiling surround sound speaker. The two living areas have recessed sliding dividing soundproof doors.
• Master Bedroom Suite: This spacious area has a magnificent outlook over lawn, garden and the weir with a jetty. It includes built in robes and an ensuite with a bath, shower WC and vanity.
• Bedroom 2: This has a double bed, built in robe and ceiling fan and has an ensuite with shower, WC and vanity.
• Bedroom 3: This has a king bed (2x singles), built in robe and ceiling fan. There is a semi ensuite bathroom shared between bedroom 3 and 4 with shower, vanity and WC.
• Bedroom 4: This has 2x single beds, a built in robe and ceiling fan.
• Power Room: This has a vanity and WC
• Laundry: This has a trough and wall cupboards with sliding door. There is also ample storage cupboards in the passage way.
This is a timber framed, stained cedar cladded and Zincalume cottage comprising of 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom and has high ceilings in the living area.
• Carport: Features below floor wine cellar
• The Weir: Fed by the Wyadup Brook which directs the property, this water feature includes a cascade and a floating jetty. The weir reticulates the olive grove, lawns and gardens.
• Spring Fed Bore: This has excellent quality water that services the house
• 12m x 7m Colorbond shed
• 9m x 4m timber framed Zincalume roof shed
• Farm shed
• Rainwater tank
• Pump house
• The home is serviced by a Everhot 315 electric storage hot water system.
This has 200 reticulated trees. There are also sundry fruit trees.
• A rare example of a secluded north facing rural property on a brook with close ocean views.
• Offers a variety of life style opportunities with a manageable 3O.9 acres with agricultural and commercial capabilities.
• The property extends across both sides of the brook with 5 acres of virgin bush on the north side.
• 2 groves of olives of 200 trees that produce olive oil.
• 2 houses that provide a combined 4 bathrooms and
• 3 extensive sources of water:
- 90,000 litres tank, supplied to both houses by an underground bore.
- 12,000 litres rain water tank supplied to both houses.
- Wyadup Book weir with a water licence entitlement of 11,000 kL per annum for horticultural and landscaped garden purposes.
• Irrigation of gardens and olive groves.
• 3 large sheds.
• 2017 Stayz/Homeaway National Award winner for "At One With Nature".
• A modern architect designed stone and Jarrah house with 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms that was rebuilt in 2010.
• An additional 2 bedroom renovated cottage.
• Landscaped by Gary McLaughlin to create north facing terraces and a weir on the brook, it has hosted numerous weddings.
• 44 variety of birds identified by ornithologists on the property along with a wide variety of wildlife.
• The Wyadup weir has access to both sides and is stocked with Marron. The waterfall flows down into Wyadup Bay.
The property is Zoned: Rural Landscape - City of Busselton
Bedrooms : 6
Bathrooms : 4
View more features
Type : House
Size : 125213 sqm
Council Rates : $5427 Per Year